Commission income and assets under management continued to grow
- In the Wealth Management and Investor Clients segment operating profit increased by almost 26 percent and was EUR 9.1 million (1-6/2017: EUR 7.3 million)
- The operating profit in the Advisory and Corporate Clients segment over doubled and was EUR 0.8 million (EUR 0.3 million)
- The revenues from the trading activities through the own balance sheet declined in the Group Operations segment.
- The Group’s net revenue increased to EUR 34.9 million (EUR 34.1 million)
- The Group’s operating profit was EUR 10.4 million (EUR 9.8 million)
- Evli’s diluted earnings per share were EUR 0.40 (EUR 0.31) and return on equity was 28.8 percent (22.3%)
- Net assets under management grew year on year and totaled a record EUR 11.9 billion (EUR 11.8 billion) at the end of June, which is historically the highest amount for Evli. Respectively from the beginning of the year, growth was EUR 0.7 billion.
- The proportion of recurring revenue to operating costs improved to 113 percent (110%).
- The Group’s net revenue was EUR 18.0 million (EUR 17.9 million)
- The Group’s operating profit was EUR 5.2 million (EUR 5.2 million)
- Earnings per share amounted to EUR 0.16 (EUR 0.16).
Outlook for 2018 unchanged
The risks associated with the general trend in the equity and fixed income markets are high due to the prevailing uncertainty on the markets. A continued decline in equity prices or a reduction in investors’ risk appetite would have a negative impact on the company’s profit performance. Demand for Evli’s products has remained stable and assets under the Group’s management have grown substantially in recent years, which would soften the result-impact of any reversal of the market.
There has been positive development in the demand for advisory services, and its outlook for 2018 is stable. Customer's demand for Evli's products and services has developed positively, which has also led to a systematic increase in lending. In the advisory business and in own investment activities, substantial fluctuations in annual returns are possible.
Due to successful and stable development at the beginning of the year, we estimate that the result for the 2018 financial year will be clearly positive.